On January 30th well known Fir Mountain area rancher and Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association (SSGA) Past President Miles Anderson was injured in a serious motor vehicle accident south of Moose Jaw. Miles sustained significant injuries to his lower body and is facing a long road to recovery. In response to those reaching out to help, SSGA has organized a fundraiser to assist the Anderson family with their additional costs while staying in Saskatoon and to help manage the ranch while Miles is recovering.
A Dutch Auction fundraiser for half a beef cut and wrapped and a Weber propane BBQ (estimated combined prize package value of over $2,000) will take place at the SSGA Zone 3 & 12 Annual Meeting in Hazenmore on March 7th. Thanks to the Linthicum Ranch (Murray & Jan Linthicum) for donating the beef and Red Coat Cattle Feeders for donating the BBQ.
Dutch Auction Procedure:
• The final bid in each round will denote the amount of that bidder’s donation.
• Ex: Round 1 – Final Bid is $500 to John Doe. John’s donation is $500. Round 2 – Final Bid is $250 to Tom Jones. Tom’s donation is $250. Round 3 – the lot is re-auctioned on a downward scale until no further bids are received.
• Each $10 purchased (donated) represents one chance in the draw. Ex John Doe has 50 chances, Tom Jones has 25 chances and so on down the scale.
• One ticket for every $10, bearing the contributors name, will be entered in the draw.
• At the end of the sale, one ticket will be drawn with that person winning the half of beef and BBQ.
We are accepting donations prior to the auction via credit card and E-transfer. E-transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All proceeds will be donated to the Anderson family.