The Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association was established in 1913 to serve, protect and advances the interests of the Saskatchewan livestock industry. We are a membership-based association that is seeking a Policy Intern to join our team.
This internship is a unique opportunity for students interested in the livestock industry to engage across a broad range of topics including public policy, research, communications, and advocacy. Interns will have the opportunity to engage directly with SSGA staff, government officials, and key industry stakeholders to advance on challenges and opportunities important to the Saskatchewan livestock industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advocate on behalf of the livestock industry on a variety of issues, topics, and endeavors in which SSGA is involved in.
• Participate in lobbying efforts and assist in policy development.
• Stay informed on multiple issues and SSGA’s position on the issues, including legislative affairs.
• Work with SSGA leadership to analyze industry issues.
• Author briefing notes, policy papers and articles for publication in trade publications.
• Assist in communication updates to members.
• Active participation in association events and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• YESP program requires that applicants must be under 30 years of and be a student or unemployed/underemployed.
• Applicants should be enrolled or have an education in an agriculture, political science, policy or related fields.
• Preference for applicants with a background in agriculture and/or an expressed interest in pursuing a career in the agriculture industry.
• Must have excellent research, writing and communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational, time management and people skills.
• Must be able to work in fast-paced team environment, prioritize and handle multiple tasks well.
• Knowledge of computer programs including all Microsoft Office applications.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and association allowances.
Please apply by submitting your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 16, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.