Job Title: Provincial Coordinator
Employer: Saskatchewan Verified Beef Production Inc.
Position Type: Contract (full-time)
Application Deadline: July 8, 2019
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
*Application must be received by July 8, 2019.
*Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position manages, facilitates, administrates and directs the day-to-day Saskatchewan operations of the Verified Beef Production Plus (VBP+) program.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrated leadership skills including; management reporting, organizing and promoting events, scheduling activities/meetings, and time management.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in organizational and volunteer management.
• Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management, spreadsheets & Adobe, with familiarity of Sage 50 Accounting.
• Ability to direct and support or contract staff in achieving identified results.
• Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively orally and in writing to a variety of audiences – strong communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with several partners to secure funding and deliver the program, as well as provide leadership to achieve results through volunteers.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with contractors, volunteers, and agencies and partners.
• Ability to manage a budget and track expenses and revenues.
• Ability to gather and analyze reliable, timely information on issues and trends, and develop conclusions.
• Experience with board governance.
• Knowledge, understanding and awareness of industry related issues.
• Knowledge and understanding about the VBP+ program.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from a recognized agricultural related program is preferred, plus at least one-year experience in non-profit management and/or a volunteer management setting, plus experience in staff and contract supervision. Experience, understanding and connection with the beef industry is essential. Professional Agrologist status or willingness to achieve similar would be considered an asset.
*Travel is required *Possibility to work from home