The Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association Zone 4 award a $500 scholarship to one Grade twelve student.
Applicants must be enrolled in a post secondary institution in the year they graduate or in the following calendar year. The scholarship can be received only in the year it is applied for and may be won only once by any individual.
The scholarship is made available after the completion of the first semester at a post secondary institution. The cheque is made payable to the student.
Grade twelve students based on the following criteria:
- Present SSGA family member residing in Zone 4
- Furthering their education in Agriculture or a related field
- Leadership skills
- Academics – effort and endeavour
- Citizenship – school and community involvement
- Other activities (e.g., 4-H)
Deadline for Application
May 31, 2016
How to Apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- Prepare a cover letter of 500 words stating why you are applying and why this award is desired.
- Obtain an official transcript of your final Grade 12 marks (or a photocopy of the transcript signed by your school principal).
- Obtain letters of recommendation from a present teacher and a community member.
- Email your completed application, cover letter, transcript, and letters of recommendation to:
When is the Scholarship Awarded
The scholarship is presented at the SSGA Zones 4 annual meeting.
For more Information
Contact the SSGA office at (306) 757-8523.