The Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association Zones 3 and 12 award a $1,000 scholarship to one Grade twelve student.
Applicants must be enrolled in a post secondary institution in the year they graduate or in the following calendar year. The scholarship can be received only in the year it is applied for and may be won only once by any individual.
The scholarship is made available after 90 days attendance at a post secondary institution. The cheque is made payable to the student.
Grade twelve students based on the following criteria:
- Present SSGA family member residing in Zone 3 or 12
- Furthering their education in Agriculture or a related field
- Leadership skills
- Academics – effort and endeavour
- Citizenship – school and community involvement
- Other activities (e.g., 4-H)
Deadline for Application
February 1, 2017
How to Apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- Prepare a cover letter of 500 words stating why you are applying and why this award is desired.
- Obtain an official transcript of your final Grade 12 marks (or a photocopy of the transcript signed by your school principal).
- Obtain letters of recommendation from a present teacher and a community member.
- Mail your completed application, cover letter, transcript, and letters of recommendation to:
Box 2, Site 10, RR#1
Swift Current, SK S9H 3X7
When is the Scholarship Awarded
The scholarship is presented at the SSGA Zones 3 and 12 annual meeting. Recipients also receive a small plaque.
For more Information
Contact the SSGA office at (306) 757-8523.